The information provided here is for assisting students get their initial setup when arriving at the school. The Innovations department will walk students through getting setup in their Orientation Week at the school. If students require additional information or assistance with setting up their accounts and computers, please contact us for additional support.
STEP 1: Account Setup
Password resets can be done using the Brentwood Account Portal.
If you do not know your password
- Visit accounts.brentwood.bc.ca
- Click the 'Account Reset' button.
- Enter your email (email@example.com).
- Click 'Start Reset'.
This will send a password reset link to your personal email (if you have one on file with the school. Please contact Innovations to have a personal email added to MySchool if you do not).
If you know your password
- Visit accounts.brentwood.bc.ca
- Enter your email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password and login.
- Click 'Change Password'.
- Enter in your new password, and confirm it.
- Click 'Change Password'.
STEP 2: Connecting to Campus WiFi
The Brentwood campus has a wireless network that staff and students can connect to in both the public buildings and student houses. To connect to this network use your Brentwood Google email address and password.
- Select the "Brentwood" WiFi network SSID.
- Use your web browser to go to a webpage you have not been to previously.
- You will be prompted to read the Brentwood Acceptable Use Policy (It is very important you read and understand this policy. You will receive this prompt every 90 days).
- Scroll down and login using your email address (email@example.com).
- Click 'Allow'.
- Enter your password.
STEP 3: Installing Chrome and Connecting to Google
Brentwood uses many Google services. We recommend that students and staff use Google Chrome for the best experience and to fully integrate with Google products.
Install Google Chrome
- Visit http://google.com/chrome/
- Click 'Download Software'.
- Install Google Chrome.
Login to Google and Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Select the 'Person' icon in the top right hand corner of the browser
- Click 'Sign in to Chrome'.
- Enter your Brentwood email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), and click Next.
- Enter your Brentwood password.
- Click 'Link Data'.
- Click 'Ok, got it'.
STEP 4: Finding Google Services
Once you are logged into Google, you can find all of the Google products going to http://google.ca/ and clicking the nine square cluster next to your login image in the top right corner.
Accessing your Brentwood email can done using Google Mail at mail.google.ca
For file storage and backups (unlimited online storage) use Google Drive at drive.google.ca
If your teachers use Google Classroom, it can be found at classroom.google.ca
A more complete list of Google products used at Brentwood can be found on our Google at Brentwood page.
STEP 5: Google Cloud Printing
At Brentwood, you can print to the cloud and then retrieve your print job from any of the school's networked printers. You must be logged into Google to use cloud printing.
- Using Google Chrome, File -> Print.
- Change the printer to "FOLLOW-ME".
- Release your print job from any printer. Login to the printer using either your Student Card or using your PaperCut Print Code (your login for PaperCut is firstname.lastname and your Brentwood password).
You can also use the scanning or photocopy functions on the printers by logging into the printers with your Student Card or PaperCut Print Code.
STEP 6: MySchool
MySchool is the student information system used by Brentwood to provide the following services:
- Your Class/Sport/Art Timetable.
- Announcements sent by school, teachers, advisors, and houseparents.
- Parent/Teacher Interview schedules.
- Term Report Cards.
- Your Travel Information: Entering and updating your travel for breaks.
- Use Google Chrome to go to http://myschool.brentwood.bc.ca
- Enter in your email address (email@example.com)
- Enter in your MySchool password (this password is NOT linked to your Brentwood email password).
STEP 6: Other Software
For those classes that use Moodle to manage classroom assignments and course information.
- Use Google Chrome to go to http://moodle.brentwood.bc.ca/.
- If you are logged into Google, you will be logged in automatically.
- If you are not logged into Google, you will be prompted to login (Use firstname.lastname@example.org and your Brentwood password).
- Search for the Course/Class, and enrol yourself in it.
Moodle also has Student Resources using the top menubar item named 'Students' (eg Dining Hall Menu, MySchool Links).
Microsoft Office products are available to all students and staff while at Brentwood. This includes Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote as well as additional Microsoft products and services.
- Use Google Chrome to go to http://portal.office.com/.
- Login to Microsoft using email@example.com (NOTE THIS IS DIFFERENT. Use @brentwood.bc.ca not @brentwood.ca).
- On the top right hand corner of the page, click 'Install Office'.
- Launch the installer once it is downloaded.
- Once the install is done, you will need to activate by logging in with your Brentwood (@brentwood.bc.ca) account. This occurs when running one of the Office Apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Onenote, etc) the first time.
Adobe Creative Suite
Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc) are available for all staff and students while you are at Brentwood. If you have previous versions of Adobe Creative Suite installed you may want to uninstall those versions first. Please come and see Innovations if you need assistance.
- Locate the email sent from Adobe inviting you to setup your account. If you don't have this email or cannot locate it, please let us know and we will review your account.
- Follow the steps in this email to create your Adobe ID (tied to your @brentwood.ca account)
- Visit adobe.com and login.
- Select to download Creative Cloud and install on your computer (https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/creative-cloud)
- Once installed you can then login to the Creative Cloud program and install applications you require.
More software can be found on our Software page