Zoom Video Conferencing
For External Users Only
Creating a Zoom Account
A Zoom account is required to join meetings. That account does not need to be a Brentwood account, any personal account is allowed to join Brentwood meetings.
- To create a Zoom account:Go to https://zoom.us/signup
- Complete the sign-up process
- Zoom will confirm with an email to your email address.
Connecting to Zoom
Once you have an account, head to https://zoom.us/download to download the Zoom client.
- Download the Zoom client for your computer.
- Install the Zoom client on your computer.
- When the installation is complete, start the Zoom client.
- You will be presented with a login screen. Use the email address from the account you created and the appropriate password.
Joining a Meeting
As an external participant, the Zoom meeting host will send you a meeting invitation, or provide you with a meeting number to join. If you do not know the meeting number please contact the Brentwood organizer.
When you are ready to join the meeting, ensure you have completed the steps above and have Zoom launched and you are signed-in.
If you know the meeting number:
- In the Zoom client, click the 'Join' button.
- Enter in the meeting number
If the host provided a link to the meeting:
- Click the link.
- Zoom will prompt you to launch the Zoom client
- Accept, and you will join the meeting.
Joining a School Assembly
To join a Brentwood School Assembly, you must have a Zoom account and have downloaded and installed the Zoom client. Please see above.
- Please provide the email address of your Zoom account to the Brentwood organizer of the assembly.
- When your Zoom account is added as a Panelist for the assembly, you will receive an email invitation with details on how to join.
- Please ensure you join at least 5 minutes before the start time so we can ensure your audio and video are working correctly.